Ever drop into one of your streaming services and get so overwhelmed by choice that it’s hard to choose? That’s how car shopping feels to some people.
There are more than 60 major car brands out there, and each one of them makes the claim that their vehicles offer the best value, the most features, and an unmatched driving experience. As a savvy consumer, it’s up to you to separate the facts from marketing hyperbole. The best way to do that is to ask yourself what you really want out of a car.
Are storage and seating capacity important to you?
How concerned are you about gas mileage?
And what are your top must-have features?
For the driver that wants to have it all, look no further than the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 – the most advanced VW electric vehicle to hit the market.
An SUV That Lives Up to the Hype
When the original VW ID.4 debuted in late 2020, there was a lot of hype and speculation surrounding the vehicle. The reason behind the hype? Volkswagen had never released an electric vehicle in the United States, and there were murmurs all throughout the industry as to whether VW could compete with the likes of Tesla.
As it happens, the maiden voyage of the ID.4 was a smashing success. It won the 2021 World Car of the Year Award, was named one of Wards 10 Best User Experiences, and landed on several editors’ choice lists in the SUV and electric vehicle categories.
Getting to Know the 2023 VW ID.4 Pro
The 2023 iteration of the Volkswagen ID. 4 is not a great departure from their original design. As the saying goes, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” However, VW hasn’t gotten lazy in light of their recent success. They’ve made a point to finetune and elevate their all-electric SUV in terms of performance, features, technology, and design.
The 2023 VW ID.4 Pro runs on an 82kWh battery that provides drivers with an estimated range of 275 miles on a single charge. Drivers who opt to max out their performance specs will have 295 horsepower and 339 lb-ft of torque at their disposal, making this the most powerful ID.4 yet.
Of course, no SUV would be complete without plenty of passenger space and cargo room. The ID.4 comfortably seats five passengers and offers up to 64.2 cubic ft. of storage (with rear seats folded down).
In addition to being one of the most future-forward vehicles in terms of design, VW spared no expense when outfitting the ID.4 with the latest in technology, safety features, and infotainment. Some of the fan favorites among critics and reviewers include:
- ID. Light (the VW equivalent of Amazon Alexa)
- 12” high-definition touchscreen display
- Volkswagen Digital Cockpit Pro
- Premium sound system with 3-month SiriusXM Platinum Plan trial subscription
- App-Connect for full smartphone integration (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto)
- A full suite of remote and connected features
- IQ.DRIVE: a package of intelligent driver safety and assistance features
- Four different driving modes: sport, comfort, eco, and custom
Five Other VW ID.4 Perks to Know About
As if being the most advanced VW SUV to ever hit the market wasn’t enough, there are plenty of other perks that reduce the overall cost of ownership and protect vehicle owners on parts and service. The highlights include:
- The Volkswagen ID.4 Pro battery has an eight-year/100,000-mile (whichever occurs first) warranty, protecting the most essential piece of your all-electric SUV.
- All new models of VW vehicles come with the VW Carefree Coverage warranty, which is a suite of limited time coverages and services that provides scheduled carefree maintenance, roadside assistance, new vehicle limited warranty, and more.
- Owners of the 2023 VW ID.4 Pro will get three years of unlimited DC fast charging sessions via Electrify America charging stations, greatly reducing overall cost of ownership. This variety of charging can produce up to 80% battery charge level in approximately 30 – 36 minutes.
- Now assembled domestically at the VW plant in Chattanooga, TN, the 2023 VW ID.4 should qualify for the federal tax credit per the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. Please confirm tax credit eligibility prior to purchase as government incentive programs are subject to change.
- The VW ID.4 was named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
How to Learn More About the 2023 VW ID.4 and Next Steps
Now that you’re up to speed on the game-changing VW ID.4 Pro, the next natural step is to arrange a test drive to see how it handles in person. 2023 model years of the ID.4 have already shipped out to most VW dealerships, so the best way to locate one is by searching the term “Volkswagen dealership near me” or “2023 Volkswagen ID.4 near me.”
Either of those searches should bring back dealership info and current inventory listings for this all-new VW SUV. Once you’re in contact with your local VW dealership, they can get you behind the wheel so you can test the ID.4 Pro for yourself.