Every year, lakhs of candidates from all over the country apply for the post of RBI Assistant. Working in RBI is a dream for every bank aspirant. Candidates are usually curious about knowing what an Assistant does in RBI, i.e. the job profile, roles and responsibilities, perks and allowances and more for an RBI Assistant.
So, to ease this process, here, we have discussed the RBI Assitant’s job profile as well as the necessary salary details for the candidates willing to crack the RBI Assistant 2022 exam.
The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) recruits Assistants to provide support in the various departments of its numerous regional offices. It is a clerical-level post. When the demonetization of a currency occurs or a new currency is announced, RBI assistants are expected to shoulder a lot of important responsibilities.
You can find more information about the job, salary, selection criteria, syllabus as well as preparation tips on BYJU’S Exam Prep. Visit the website to get an in-depth knowledge of the exam.
As an RBI Assistant, the candidates are expected to execute the following duties daily:
- File the paperwork which includes maintaining a ledger, collecting receipts, balancing tally, and the like.
- Carrying out verification of banking documents.
- Replying to emails regularly and maintaining mail logs.
- Addressing Government Treasury work.
- Tending to currency issues and circulation.
- Filing responses to RTI (Right To Information) queries.
- Ensure financial stability.
- Ensuring there is proper dissemination of cash throughout the nation.
- Data entry work, this includes logging day-to-day transactions
- Coordinating with higher authorities.
Candidates who crack the RBI Assistant exam will be entitled to a starting basic pay of 14650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates) on the scale of 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years). They draw their salary as per the 7th pay commission scale.
Besides the basic pay, RBI Assistants are offered a host of other allowances. These include:
- Dearness allowance (DA)
- House rental allowance (HRA)
- Traveling Allowance (TA)
- City Compensatory allowance
At present, the initial monthly Gross emoluments for RBI assistants amount to approximately ₹ 36091/-.
Apart from their in-hand salary, selected candidates are offered the following perks by RBI:
- Housing accommodation (subject to availability)
- Furnishing Allowances , as per eligibility
- Book Grant
- Reimbursement of vehicle maintenance
- Interest-free festival advance
- Dispensary facility
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. However, this is only offered to regular candidates who complete two years of service.
- Leave Fare Concession
- On top of the benefit of gratuity, selected candidates will be governed by the “Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme”
- Fixed working hours- 5 days a week
Once you secure the job of an RBI Assistant, you will get plenty of opportunities to move up the ladder. Those wishing to earn a promotion to the level of Officer must apply for and appear for the promotion exam.
However, for that, they first need to put in at least two years of service to be eligible for promotion to the Officer Cadre.
There are two processes through which an RBI assistant can secure a promotion to a Grade A officer level:
- Normal process: Here, the employee will be required to first qualify for a written exam. Then, both their experience and seniority in the services of a bank will be taken into account before selecting them as an Officer.
- Merit basis process: The employee is required to complete a minimum of two years of service as a clerk with a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). Additionally, they must possess either a graduate or a postgraduate degree.
RBI Assistant is a respectable and sought-after job profile, drawing in a large number of aspirants on an annual basis. Thus, it is important to start your preparations timely to have a definitive shot at cracking the entrance examination. With BYJU’s Exam Prep, you’ll have access to a vast repository of mock tests, live courses, and study material that will give you an upper hand over your competitors.