When you travel by car it is a special romance. You don’t depend on anyone, can stop where you want and move freely. However, to have a nice holiday, it’s worth even before thinking about renting. After all, it is important to consider what terrain you will travel to, what budget you can allocate, how many people will go with you and other factors. We have collected the main points that will help you plan a wonderful trip by car.
How to choose a rental company
Are you more comfortable booking a car early online or already at the company? It is more reliable to make a rental on one of the sites of proven companies. To do this, type in the search engine, for example, the best car rental in Dubai, and click on one of the links on the first page. In most cases, you’ll get excellent rental service and a large selection of cars. You’ll be able to profitably hire a car from Lamborghini to Nissan. By placing an order with a verified rental company, you can be 100% sure that you’ll get what you expected.
In smaller countries, however, it is often possible to negotiate a lower price on the spot. At the airport you will likely overpay.
What documents will you need?
In most countries you can rent a car with a passport and an international driving license. Many companies treat drivers under 21 with caution, as well as those with less than 3 years of experience. If this is about you, probably you’ll find a car not so easily, and also likely have to pay more.
When making a transaction, you need to pay the rent and some extra money. Also be ready that some rental companies can hold the deposit on your card until you back the car.
How choose a car?
In large rental locations, you will find at least 6 types of cars. The following questions will help to identify:
- How many people will go on the trip?
- How much luggage do you want to take?
- Are you planning to travel on the mountains or normal roads?
- How long will your trip last?
If you are going on a small trip to a big company, it is better to focus on the minivan or coupe. But keep in mind that large cars are usually more high-priced. Economy class models are the most affordable.
Select a simple, safe and practical car that is comfortable for the participants of the trip. An important criterion is the economy of a car – you will have to refuel often, and the lower the fuel consumption, the more money you can save.
Try to plan your journey to leave the car where you took it. This life hack can save you a lot. Although many companies allow to pull out of a renting car elsewhere, which is sometimes very convenient.
Here are some secrets that will help to make right decision:
– book car online, when the company’s office is not working, during working hours rental services often change the price;
– don’t sign the contract, if you didn’t carefully inspect the car. Photograph all the scratches and dents, check all the locks, ask for a small drive. It will take a little time, but you are guaranteed don’t be disappointed on the road;
– choose a hotel with free parking;
– don’t forget: you have to return the car with the same amount of gasoline which was originally in it. Otherwise, you will be fined;
– a car with a manual transmission will cost you much cheaper than an automatic. In Europe, cars with automatic transmission – are very rare, so it’s better to book a minimum for a month before;
– the longer the lease period, the more you can save.