Buying a new car is always a big decision, it being the second heavy investment one makes post buying a home. Since a maximum share of sales happens for budget friendly cars that are used for day to day commuting, the top rated manufacturers always look for way to innovate this segment while keeping the price under check. Here in this post, we have listed down the 5 cheapest cars that one can afford by spending under 5 lakhs in India. As a summarised view, the most popular cars in this listing include Tata Tiago (the ex-showroom price of Rs 4.99 Lakh), Maruti Wagon R (the ex-showroom price of Rs 4.93 Lakh), and Renault KWID (the ex-showroom price of Rs. 4.06 Lakh). For budget-friendly automobiles, manufacturers that are highly recommended include Tata, Renault, Hyundai, Maruti, and Datsun.
Considerations while buying reasonable cars for your home
As a potential car buyer, if you are facing a dilemma of picking the best-budgeted car, then surely you will be helped here. Some of the crucial factors to keep in mind while making such a purchase is the engine capacity, mileage, torque, service cost, additional pricing (on-road price), etc.
Top 5 Picks in cheapest Cars
Here is a list unveiling best budget friendly cars that are easily affordable at a meager budget of 5 lakh and below. Let’s check these out:
- Maruti Suzuki Alto: Possibly, this is the first car that strikes a budget buyer when it comes to bringing four wheels home. Tagged with a starting price of Rs 3.00 lakh, it boasts a fuel economy of 31.49km with its 796cc, 3-cylinder engine that churns out 47PS/69Nm of torque. This family car is offered in two variants namely LXi and LXi S-CNG that cost slightly higher at Rs 4.33 lakh to 4.36 lakh, respectively. It is equipped with features like speed alert, reverse parking sensor, driver airbag, ABS etc.
- Renault Kwid: Next in line is Renault Kwid which has its looks and appeal set to the likes of SUV lovers. It is a digital car that comes with an infotainment system and is graded as one of the most reasonable cars in the hatchback segment. It is available in two petrol engine options out of which the larger engine is equipped with AMT (Automatic Transmission System). It is offered in a range of bolder and striking colours with a good space of 270-litre boot and 0.8-litre petrol delivering satisfactory performance. It comes with ABS, passenger and driver airbags and power windows. The price starts Rs 2.92 lakh and with the choice of valiant can go up to Rs. 5.01 lakh.
- Maruti S-Presso: Another pick from the hatchback segment, it is also known as a mini car that comes with a speedometer, infotainment systems and a round central console. This BS6 compliant cheapest car is 3565mm in length and 1520mm wide sporting a 1.0-litre engine with a 5-speed manual and AMT options. It delivers a mileage of 21.4kmpl and comes with power packed features like central locking, power steering and power windows, driver airbags adjustable headlamps gear and shift indicator. It comes in six variants falling within a price range of Rs. 3.71 – Rs. 4.39 lakh.
- Maruti Wagon R: Maruti has offered another striking model in the form of BS6 Wagon R S- CNG in India. It is offered in two other variants like LXI CNG and LXI (O) CNG. It delivers a mileage of 32.52km with 1.0-litre powertrain, generating 68PS of power and 90NM of torque. It comes with central locking, 2 cylinder options, passenger and driver airbags, and ABS. Its price ranges between Rs 4.46 lakh to Rs. 5.21 lakh.
- Tata Tiago: Last in the segment is Tata Tiago that comes with a 1.2-litre petrol engine, dual airbags, EBD, ABS, and front seatbelt. It has received a rating of 4 owing to its noteworthy features like power windows, dual airbags, central locking, and automatic transmission. Its price varies between Rs. 4.6 lakh to Rs. 6.6 lakh as per variant chosen.
Conclusion: Since there are so many options available while we search for online cars, there are still certain factors that can present a huge mark of difference in similar-looking same-priced cars. For this, you can also visit online car comparison portals like OBV or Droom cars to see what fits your budget and your needs to the most.