Every conscious person strives to secure his life and thereby raise it to a new level of comfort. Thanks to video surveillance, it is possible to record and reproduce events not only in the warehouse area or around a country house. CCTV cameras are an integral part of video surveillance in home security systems.
Opportunities and innovations in video surveillance
Modern technologies do not stand still and have long passed the stage of analog video surveillance. Data transmission over long distances has become possible due to the development of IP technologies and the emergence of IP video cameras. The creation of the latest generations of video surveillance systems allows you to determine the face of a person in a crowd or during active movement. Additional protective covers and canopies will take care of the speed of the devices and protection against negative temperature, weather and man-made factors.
The ability to choose surveillance cameras for an apartment or for external surveillance opens up a huge selection of models and functionality for the buyer. Today, tracking and recording devices are produced in various shapes and sizes: traditional square, cylindrical domes, and functional requests are regulated only by the thickness of the wallet. Current opportunities allow you to organize a turnkey surveillance system for an apartment, house or shop. If you want a quality security camera installation in Houston, contact Houston Integration Systems, they will not only install and configure the equipment, but also give a guarantee for their work.
Using CCTV cameras at home
The organization of video surveillance in an apartment does not take as much time and effort as many assume, but it has several advantages compared to other security systems:
- Coverage not only of the inner living area of the apartment, but also an overview of the common apartment block, which makes it possible to identify and further identify the intruder or hooligans;
- Control of the surveillance camera from any mobile device (phone, tablet);
- Support and the ability to configure various modes of operation: from continuous recording or work in alarm mode (activation of a motion or smoke detector);
- The video analytics system allows you to distinguish an intruder from a pet and recognize a real threat;
- Even if your home has been attacked by robbers, permanent video recording will identify the intruders and provide invaluable data for the police.
The main disadvantages of cameras
- Nothing is perfect, so it is logical that video surveillance has its drawbacks. Here are the disadvantages users face:
- Financial side. The camera and its installation cost a lot of money, so not everyone can afford it.
- Learn to deal with technology. In principle, the software is not very complicated, but not everyone can figure it out the first time. Especially, this applies to older people.
- Repair. Equipment sometimes breaks down, so the cameras will have to be sent in for repairs.
- The camera can be broken. If video surveillance is on the street, then the equipment can be broken. Nobody is immune from this.
Despite all the shortcomings, the camera still remains a reliable protection for property, therefore, if possible, install video surveillance in the house or entrance.