IVF is the most common way to fertilize an egg outside of the female body through the use of assisted reproductive technology. Different injections and medicine are also used in the procedure of IVF like Menopur and Gonal F.
Menopur is a synthetic fertility medicine that suppresses the production of female hormones and helps you get pregnant. It is often combined with oestrogen to treat infertility. It is used for IUI, IVF, and egg retrieval. It is also used to treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and uterine fibroids, and to help prevent miscarriage. Menopur is a prescription medicine used to make your uterus healthy again after being exposed to radiation. It works by stopping your ovaries from producing female hormones, which helps restore your ovaries’ normal function. In addition to helping restore normal ovaries, menopur also helps increase the number of healthy eggs your ovaries can produce. This helps increase your chances of getting pregnant when you are ready to try. The menopur cost is relatively higher than the cost of other fertility medications.
Benefits of menopur.
- Menopur can boost your fertility by making your ovaries produce more eggs.
- Menopur is also used to treat pain and lower swollen ankles.
- Menopur helps balance a woman’s hormones, which can help prevent periods from coming too early or too late, reduce feelings of pain during your period, and reduce symptoms associated with some types of menstrual problems.
- It can also help to relieve some of the symptoms of menopause.
- Menopur can help improve ovarian function, which can increase your chance of getting pregnant.
- Menopur can help prevent miscarriages (in women) and improve your chances of getting pregnant. It can also help improve your chances of ovulating sooner.
Side effects of menopur
- Allergic reactions: Menopur can cause allergic reactions in some women. This occurs very rarely and is usually mild. Signs of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, and trouble breathing. Most women who are allergic to menopur do not have any problems when they use the drug.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) is an overstimulation of the ovaries. It is the most common complication of ovarian stimulation for the treatment of infertility and occurs when the ovaries are stimulated to produce too many eggs. This condition can cause increased production of hormones, fluid buildup in the abdomen, shortness of breath, swelling, chest pain, and irregular periods.
- Ectopic pregnancy: An ectopic pregnancy is a condition that occurs when a fertilized egg is implanted in the wall of the uterus instead of in the fallopian tube. A fertilized egg can grow outside a woman’s body in an area that is not part of her reproductive system called the extrauterine cavity. In a normal pregnancy, the fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube after it is released from the ovary.
Like Menopur, Gonal F is a fertility drug that helps preserve the ovaries. It is used to increase ovulation rates in women who are trying to get pregnant. Some women are told that they have been trying to conceive for about a year or more and the drug works by stopping ovulation in women who are not ready to get pregnant. It works quickly and reverses the natural ovulatory cycle. The Gonal F cost depends on the number of doses you need.