Vacation days are one of the most awaited times of the year for most of us. After all, it’s the best time to get rid of all the everyday stress and just relax. One great way to enjoy your vacation to the full extent is to travel with your car.
You can do that through road tripping, but it takes a lot of time and gas costs can be high. A better option is flying to your travel destination and then having your car shipped to where you’ll be vacationing. In this article, we’ll talk all about traveling with your vehicle.
There are other options if you want to travel with your car. Going to your destination via road trip is one. However, this isn’t for everyone for a few reasons. There’s the cost of gas, additional vehicle mileage, and the time it will take to get to the destination. Not to mention, you’ll be tired before even getting there!
Of course, renting a car at your destination is an option, too. But that can be quite pricey after the added fees and insurance. Having your vehicle shipped prevents all of these, plus more:
- No waiting in line for vehicle rentals.
- You’re 100% comfortable with the car you’re driving.
- You have the option to authorize a trusted third-party to sign for your car, so it’ll be there when you arrive!
- It will be faster to get to your desired destination so that you can relax sooner.
- It is a lot safer compared to commuting these days, especially with the pandemic.
Looking for safe ways to travel with your car on your next dream vacation? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! Here’s everything you need to know about how to ship a vehicle to another state:
There are a wide range of choices when it comes to auto transport companies. Now, how do you know which one is the most reliable? Research for the top companies in your area to help narrow down your search. Once you have a few companies on your list, visit their websites and see what actual customers say about them. It’s a must for a company to have:
- Its own trucks
- Insurance coverage
- Excellent customer service
Of course, another important thing to consider is how much it will cost to ship your car to another state. Make sure to get a quote once you’ve chosen an auto transport company. A few factors that might affect car shipping costs are:
- Car size and weight
- Distance to your destination
- Car make and model
- Time of the year
- Type of transport (open vs. enclosed carrier)
You want your car to be there when you arrive, or else you won’t be able to enjoy your vacation right away. So, make sure that you plan appropriately. Ask for an estimated shipping time for your car before you decide to book. Generally, it would take:
- 1-2 days for 100-500 miles
- 2-3 days for 500-1,000 miles
- 3-4 days for 1,000-1,500 miles
- 4-5 days for 1,500-2,000 miles
- 5-6 days for 2,000-2,500 miles
- 6-7 days for 2,500-3,000 miles
Having your vehicle shipped when you go on your next trip can save you both time and money, making your travel more enjoyable. Don’t forget to inspect the car once it arrives, then sit back, relax and enjoy your vacation!