The RTX laptop is a product of the collaboration between Razer and RoG, two giants in their respective fields. The laptop was unveiled at RTX 2013, following which it did not see much activity for some time except occasional updates by Razer on social media sites. The RTX laptop uses one of Intel’s new chipsets codenamed Haswell ULT (ultra-low-TDP) and has a battery life of 4 hours. The laptop also uses the Nvidia Optimus Technology, which switches between integrated and discrete graphics, according to the run application.
The RTX laptop comes preloaded with Windows 8 and boasts of several exclusive features such as;
1) Game Stream
– Stream your games from your desktop to any device.
2) Game Share
– Let’s record and share gameplay videos as well as screenshots with a single click.
3) Razer Synapse 2.0
Razer’s cloud-based data storage application saves all the laptop settings, including keymaps, macros, etc., for instant access on multiple devices.
4) Razer Utility Engine (RUE)
– A simple interface for programming macros on all laptops from the company with no need to install 3rd party solutions.
5) Game booster
– Automatically switches between integrated and discrete graphics, giving optimal gaming performance by increasing FPS count per second (FPS). This feature is only available for laptops with Nvidia Optimus technology.
6) Razer Chroma
– Customizable RGB LEDs on the keyboard, which can be configured with different effects and settings. The laptop also comes with a backlit keyboard.
7) Razer Synapse 2.0 Cloud Storage
– All saved profiles, macros, etc., will be stored on Razer’s cloud storage servers which can be accessed from any device.
8) 10 Key rollover
– This is a new feature that increases the number of keys that can be pressed together in any way without losing signal or becoming unresponsive. The keyboard will support simultaneous input of up to 10 commands or actions at once.
9) Razer Switchblade UI
– The customizable LCD interface placed above the keyboard can be used to view game information or configure for other purposes. It also comes with a touch-sensitive volume slider.
10) Battery life of 4 hours on average use
– The laptop comes with a 56 Wh rechargeable Lithium-ion polymer battery which is claimed to last for 4 hours on average use.
11) Media controls and Volume display
– Easily accessible media controls and volume levels are displayed on the screen.
12) Anti-ghosting keys
– Each key has independent circuits and can be pressed simultaneously without losing signal or becoming unresponsive even if more than one key is pressed at once.
13) Audio port for headsets
– The laptop comes with a digital optical audio out port for high definition sound output. In the case of analog headphones, the Optical Audio to Analog converter is provided in the box, which converts the digital data into an analog signal.
14) USB 3.0 port x 2
– The latest generation of USB ports supports superfast transfer speeds. The laptop comes with two USB3.0 ports, which can connect multiple devices at once without losing momentum or transferring data slowly, as in the case of older USB versions.
The RTX laptop comes with several exclusive features which are not found on any other laptop. The laptop will surely be a good buy for gamers with Intel’s latest chipset Haswell ULT, 4 hours of battery life on average use, readily accessible media controls, and 2 USB 3.0 ports. Also, being a Razer product, it is designed specifically for gamers and will have the edge over other laptops in its price range.