Facebook Keeps Stopping On Your Phone? Here’s What You Need To Do
Were you almost certain to check out your friends’ latest news? But did your Facebook app keep stopping. Let’s see what you need to do?
Does your Facebook keep freezing every time you opened it? You’re not the only one; millions of billions of Facebook followers throughout the world have experienced the same thing. And, given that many individuals spend the lots of hours on Facebook. It’s comparable to have a horrible day if the app continue crashing on their phone.
Furthermore, starting from the second half of 2020, Facebook has around 2.8 billion monthly regular members, forming it as the most popular social media site in the globe. Time to time everyone is happy and eager to share their recent news with colleagues and followers on the network. This creates Facebook incredibly popular and annoying when it stops functioning.
Thus, if your Facebook app on your Android phone keeps freezing, below are the 8 effective solutions to attempt.
1. Try updating the Facebook app to avoid Facebook app keeps stopping
When Facebook continues failing on your phone, before you do anything else make sure you’re using the newest version of the Facebook mobile app. If you’re using an older version of the Facebook app, you can encounter a variety of issues. And you don’t have to worry about it when that occurs. Simply upgrade your Facebook app to the newest version through the Google Play Store. The steps are outlined below.
- Enter in to the Play Store app in your device.
- Press the three-line button on the top-left corner to access the side menu.
- Check pending updates from My apps & games.
- To find Facebook, scroll down the list and touch the Update option.
If you don’t see Facebook in the listing, it means you’re updated, go for other options which are shown below.
2. Close all running apps
When you have so many applications operating in the background on Android, Facebook frequently stops functioning. Although you can use many applications, based on your RAM capacity, Facebook may crash from time to time. To resolve this, simply delete all active apps from the Recent Apps tab.
To access the recent applications panel on your Android phone, select the square icon on the menu bar.
Select the close button just below the screen to close all running programs.
Restart Facebook to see if the “Facebook continues crashing message” has disappeared.
3. Try rebooting your phone
If removing all active apps didn’t work, we suggest rebooting your phone straight now to resolve the problem of freezing Facebook app. Are you certain you read that? Many problems can be solved by simply rebooting your phone, and it takes very little time. If you haven’t rebooted your smartphone in a while, please do it; it usually works.
To reboot your phone, simply hold down the power button for a long time and pick Restart from the list of options. If your phone stops to the point where you can’t reach the power menu, you can force restart it by pressing and holding the Power button for roughly 10 seconds.
4. Clear cache and data for the Facebook app
When the Facebook app on Android continues crashing, another thing to try is erasing Facebook’s cache and data. In case you weren’t aware, that Android apps save some data in order to use it later and to minimize the use of resources, but the cache data might sometimes cause the Facebook app to continually freezing.
To work around this issue, we suggest clearing the cache and data of the Facebook app. The Facebook app will be reset, but don’t worry your important data will not be lost. After that all you have to do is log back into your Facebook profile and keep enjoying.
To remove the cache and data from Facebook on your Android device, do these steps:
- Select Apps from your phone’s Settings menu.
- You may find your apps right away, or you may need to click Manage apps first, relying on who manufactured your Android device.
- On the list, browse and pick Facebook, then select Storage & Cache.
- Afterwards, press the Clear cache and Clear data options to finish the procedure.
- Then after, go to Facebook to see whether the problem has been resolved.
5. Check your phone Settings
Depending on your settings, the Facebook on Android may continue to crash. Battery use restrictions, app authorization, and data restrictions are all included in this setting.
Battery Saver can be irritating at times, even forcing the Facebook app to close. If this happens regularly, you should temporarily disable Battery Saver or whitelist Facebook.
How to whitelist Facebook from Battery Optimization
- To find out the Battery Optimization go to Settings of your mobile phone and then press Apps & Notifications. Then you can find Battery Optimization in category of Special app access.
- Select all apps from the “Not optimized” drop-down button on the Battery optimization window.
- Then, on the list, choose Facebook and mark it as ‘Not optimized.’
Apart from that you should also make sure that you gave permission Facebook to use background mobile data. To be sure that Facebook will not be compelled to stop when you minimize it.
How to enable Background Data for Facebook
- Go to Settings on your phone > Select Apps & Notifications > Click All apps and then choose Facebook
- Select Mobile data & Wi-Fi from the drop-down menu.
- Next, activate Background data.
After that, just reboot your device to test if Facebook is again working properly.
6. Reinstall the Facebook mobile app
The Facebook app began saving data on your phone as soon as you downloaded it for the first time. Furthermore, the data may become corrupted over time, causing Facebook to fail. If Facebook continues crashing on your phone, you may have to download it from the Play Store.
- Simply choose the Facebook app in the Play Store, and two buttons will appear below it.
- To uninstall it from your phone, first click Uninstall.
- Finally, to reinstall Facebook again on your device, press Install.
7. Downgrade the Facebook mobile app
If your Facebook application continues stopping after you update it, it’s possible that the current version you’re using is unstable or incompatible with your phone operating system. As a result, you might want to try downloading an older version of the Facebook app. [https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/]
While you can’t upgrade non-system apps in the Play Store, you can delete the present Facebook app and download an older version from APK Mirror
Remove the Facebook app from your phone first.
Visit APK Mirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/) for more information.
You can get an older version of the Facebook app by scrolling down the page.
Then manually download and install it.
8. Still Facebook keeps stopping? Try alternative apps for Facebook
If the Facebook mobile app constantly crashing, the fastest option is to go to www.facebook.com. The Facebook mobile site functions similarly to the Facebook app, allowing you to do anything from sharing to commenting, following, and browsing stories. Simply open your web browser and go to www.facebook.com to log in to your account.
If you don’t like what the Facebook mobile app offers, you can try downloading Facebook Lite or another Facebook client from the Play Store until Facebook fixes the flaws in the mobile app. These are the main solutions to avoid Facebook keeps stopping.