Cryptocurrencies have earned incredible fame recently; and due to the increase in their values and fluctuations. People who are willing to invest in these digital currencies give up by the unpredictable downfall of the prices. Therefore, Stablecoins like USD coin (USDC) are appearing intending to maintain price stability. Stablecoins are typically cryptocurrencies attached to a specific set of stabilization protocols for minimizing price volatility. The advantages of Stablecoins can assist users to capitalize on the incentives linked with multiple methods of decentralized payments.
Leading cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum are capturing a major part of the crypto market. On the other hand, several crypto initiatives are developing for a large-scale modification in the finance sector. Price oscillations of the crypto market declare these investments risky. Stablecoins appeared as a significant category of virtual assets with stable prices, which allows for countering the enormous price volatility in cryptocurrencies. Read more here if you want more information about Hedera cryptocurrency.
What Is USD Coin?
It is a digital currency that is utilized as an alternative to a US dollar in the form of digital tokens. USD Coin is frequently used as a replacement for other cryptocurrencies like Tether and TUSD. These coins were launched to support the dollar and make it a cryptocurrency utilized in internet-based transactions. It offers the advantage of trading with dollars anywhere around the globe.
Every USD Coin is considered a digital token, and each token is equal to the amount of one US dollar. The mechanism of converting dollars into cryptocurrencies is called tokenization. It is known as a Stablecoin because its amount never changes. Besides this, you can use it to buy other digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin. The Ethereum network highly strengthens the USDC.
Some Unique Features of USD Coin
- With a USD Coin, you possess the most valuable tangible currency in the world. In addition, there are numerous advantages of investing in the USD Coin. Some of the primary features of USDC are given below;
- The value offered by the USD Coin never fluctuates. It only oscillates when the value of the dollar goes up or comes down. It is likely to be continually maintained.
- The USDC offers better leverage because you can utilize it to create more profits in margin trading. However, the payment would be minimal but will still be rewarding in trading.
- It offers better liquidity as it is directly pegged to the US dollar.
How Does the USD Coin Work?
Mostly the real-world assets back the USD Coin, and you can consider it a Stablecoin that uses fiat currency as collateral. As the name indicates, fiat-collateralized coins or tokens are supported by a currency having the supreme or ultimate power, like the British Pound or the US Dollar. To maintain the value of the USD Coin stable and equal to that of one dollar, the US government offers cash or short-term bonds as collateral. To circulate one USDC token, one dollar is kept as collateral.
The Use Cases Of USDC
- The USDC is best-suited for internet-based transactions where the amount to be paid is small.
- It allows you to conveniently transmit dollars across the world. Thus, it makes cross-border transactions easy.
- The USD Coin enables you to utilize your cryptocurrency for the payment of online bills.
- Investment in the USDC is highly fruitful because the market never fluctuates.
- You can also use the USD Coin for accessing the DeFi solutions.
Advantages & Disadvantages of The USD Coin
- The USD Coin comes with highly stable prices.
- It adds more security to the entire crypto universe and makes it more valuable.
- The USDC offers better sponsorship.
- The USD Coin charges less transaction processing fees; if you compare it to the other Stablecoins.
- You can process transactions with it more speedily.
- USDC is not the only cryptocurrency that is known as a Stablecoin.
- This token is relatively new in the crypto world, and people are not familiar enough with it. It needs to spread more awareness about its existence.
- Many digital currencies offer the same features and rewards as the USD Coin. This factor creates more competition in the market.
- There exist no chances of price appreciation.