Unlocking Bootloader in Sony Xperia Devices
Hello Everyone! Welcome to flash stock ROM. I have come with another interesting topic today to unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia devices. I have already written the articles for the same in Moto devices as well. Please follow up the same if you have moto devices. Almost all the Xperia devices viz. M, Tipo, L, P, S, U, Z, Z Ultra, Z1, Z2, ZR, Z3, Z3+, Z4, Z5 compact, Z5 Premium, Sola, C4, C3, E, E1, E2, E3, E4, E4G, E5, Neo, Arc, X, XA, XA Ultra, T2 Ultra, T, T3, M4 Aqua, M5, SP, V, Miro, TL, J, Performance, TX, TG, acro, ion, pro, active, ray etc along with its single and dual SIM device Bootloader can be unlocked.
- It is always better to have the data back-up when we are dealing with the firmware and flashing things.
- Charge up your phone to at least 50-60 %, since the flashing takes some time and to be on the safer side.
- Have an application for extracting the files on your computer. If you don’t have any such application, then please download and install 7zip or Winzip prior for going through the further steps.
- The device should first buckle up to developer mode. To do so, just follow the mentioned steps. Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number. Tap on build number for 6 to 7 times to enable the developer option.
- Now enable the USB debugging by just following the mentioned steps. Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. More details – DEVELOPER OPTIONS AND ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
- Enabling OEM lock is also a requirement. Go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM Unlock, and click on the same to enable the option.
Detailed steps to be followed to unlock the Bootloader:
- Download Sony Xperia flash tool from the Computer/PC from which you have planned your flashing from and install the same once done. As mentioned in the pre-requisites, make sure that you have the application to extract the downloaded file as and when needed.
- Download minimal ADB and Fastboot and install the same once done.
- Now go to Sony Xperia website, Select the Particular device which you are flashing to get the key which is required for unlocking the Bootloader.
- Now open the file folders of the flash tool which you have already downloaded and find for registered devices.
- Go to Flash tool folder and open the wizard, and click on “BLU” option to get the device code particular to your device.
- Now, come back to the registered devices folder which you had opened once in step 4 and create a folder there and name it to the device code.
- Open the newly created folder and create a new text file there. Name the new folder to “ulcode”. Copy the device code which you go from the Sony website to the text file created here carefully, and save it after copying.
- Now, open the flash wizard again and click on Blu option.
- Wait for some time to get the process done.
- Restart the device and you would now have a magic wand in your hand with extra control over the features.
Congratulations on unlocking the Bootloader. I hope the post came in handy for the flashing. If you are facing any issues in following any of these steps, then feel free to drop a comment. One of us from our team will get back to you quickly. Also, go through the other posts as well. Thanks!